The Met



The Met: Alexander McQueen

I'm starting my conversation about New York as I am leaving it. This city is amazing and full of possibility. That said, I've spent every waking moment completely engaged with the art, food and people of this lovely place and not recording or reflecting on the experience. Aside from the third world of LaGuardia, a few unsavory overheated smells in the subway and a renewed commitment to wear closed toed shoes, all things in New York have been pleasantly eye-opening.


I arrived Saturday afternoon and went directly to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Normally I view this museum as a nice survey of art. A little something from everywhere and every time. I was surprised to learn that there was an Alexander McQueen retrospective which was aptly named Savage Beauty. Evidently all of New York was looking for a way to enjoy a day out of the rain so 2.5 hours later I found myself at the entrance to the show. Along the way I got reacquainted with ancient art of the Middle East and a few European paintings as the McQueen line slithered through the general collection.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Studio Visit: Jason Rohlf

Dia Beacon

Liste: The Young Art Show